to the United States Department of Health and Human Services as part of an investigation or determination of compliance with relevant laws;
* to a state agency for activities such as audits and inspections;
* to law enforcement as part of an investigation or to a government authority authorized by law to receive reports of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence;
* to a court or administrative law judge or another tribunal for judicial or administrative proceedings and/or as required by a court or administrative orders, subpoenas, and/or other lawful processes unless the state has more restrictive laws;1
* to a public health authority which is permitted by law to collect or receive such information for the purpose of preventing or controlling disease, injury, vital events such as death, child abuse or neglect; of conducting public health surveillance, investigation and/or
intervention; and reporting adverse reactions to medications or problems with regulated products;
* to a health oversight agency for oversight activities authorized by law, such as audits, investigations, and inspections.
* to a law enforcement official for a law enforcement/emergency purpose as required by law, in compliance with a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction granted after application showing good cause for the issuance of the order, or to investigate a crime occurring on our
* to coroners, medical examiners or funeral directors consistent with applicable law to carry out their duties.
* to organ or tissue procurement organizations to facilitate the donation of organs, eyes or tissues after your death; and
* for specialized governmental functions, such as national security, intelligence activities, and for the provision of protective services to the President to the extent required by Federal and State laws.
* to you or your legal representative. Some state laws concerning minors permit or require disclosure of PHI to parents, guardians, and persons acting in a similar legal status. FRN will act consistently with
the law of the state where the Counseling is provided and will make disclosures in accordance with such laws.
FRN will inform you in advance of certain uses and disclosures and if you agree or express no objection, may disclose your PHI, for example:
* relevant PHI may be disclosed to a family member, friend or any other person you identify for that person to be involved in or support your health care or payment related to your health care or to notify a family member, your personal representative, or another person responsible for
the care of your location, general condition, or death unless doing so is inconsistent with any prior expressed preference you make to us.
* FRN may send PHI via email, text message or through a reasonably requested method or medium to you, other persons you designate, and to those involved in the delivery of your health care. You should know that
if PHI is transmitted outside of FRN by e-mail or text message, there is some level of risk that the information in the email/text could be read by a third party.
written request if FRN decides, based on a clinical assessment, that doing so may not be harmful to you. We do not disclose actual test questions or raw data of psychological tests that are protected by copyright laws. You have the right to receive an electronic copy of any of your designated record set that is maintained in an electronic format
(known as an electronic medical record or an electronic health record), and to request that the copy be given to you or transmitted to another individual or entity. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee in
accordance with applicable state and federal law for copying and mailing your records, including portable media such as a CD or DVD if you so request. We may deny your request in certain limited circumstances. If
If you would like more information about our privacy practices or have questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact the following:
American Alternative Court Services
_Attn: Privacy Office_
1755 The Exchange SE, Suite 202A
Atlanta, GA 30339